Weatherization Assistance Program
- helps reduce energy costs
- conserves energy
- increases comfort in the home
- improves safety and health standards
- preserves housing
- provides local jobs
WHAT SERVICES ARE INCLUDED?
- sealing of cracks and holes to reduce heat loss
- insulation improvements to attics and walls
- heating system repairs or replacement
- kitchen, bath and/or whole house ventilation
- high efficiency lighting and refrigeration
- window and/or outside door repair or replacement
- minor repairs needed to ensure maximum efficiency of the weatherization services performed
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
1. An application is submitted to the local service provider to determine program eligibility
2. An energy audit of the home is conducted to identify needed improvements
3. Work is performed and the home is weatherized
4. Home is inspected to assure quality of work completed
Eligibility is based on household income relative to federal low-income guidelines. If a household contains a member who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Public Assistance, Food Stamps, or Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) benefits, the household is considered automatically eligible for weatherization services.
A manufactured or single-family home, an apartment building, and a single room occupied as separate living quarters are all eligible.
Applications are accepted from renters, homeowners, and rental property owners.
All services are provided without cost to the occupant of the home. However, owners of rental buildings must invest funds toward the cost of weatherization services performed on their property.
WHO PAYS FOR THE WORK?
The Weatherization Assistance Program is funded by the NYS Homes & Community Renewal agency through the US Dept of Energy & the US Dept of Health and Human Services.
WHO DOES THE WORK?
The work is performed by Fulmont's Energy Services building trades laborers.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Contact Fulmont's Energy Services Department for an application or additional information:
PLEASE NOTE: AVAILABLE SERVICES DO NOT INCLUDE ROOFING OR SIDING
EmPower New York
Funded by NYSERDA (New York State Energy Research and Development Authority), EmPower New York provides no-cost energy efficiency solutions to income-eligible New Yorkers. This program works in conjunction with the Weatherization Assistance Program but can also be used independently if a building has been previously weatherized.
The EmPower NY program mostly performs insulation work, electric reduction measures and replacement of inefficient refrigerators/freezers.